What is a Facility Partnership?
Based on Ministry of Education guidelines and according to Policy F7 – “Facility Partnerships”, the District School Board of Niagara supports the Ministry of Education’s Facility Partnership initiative. This initiative encourages school boards to work with community partners to share facilities.
The District School Board of Niagara will post to the board website information regarding any intention to build new schools or undertake significant renovations and the availability of space in existing schools to provide an opportunity for entities that provide services and programs for children, their families and the broader community to express interest in sharing facilities with the school board.
A Facility Partnership is an opportunity to:
- Create strong ties between education and the community through mutually respectful relationships
- Explore opportunities to maximize school efficiency and viability
- Effectively utilize excess space within schools
- Reduce costs through shared usage of space
Criteria for Partnerships:
The DSBN considers the value of partnerships to students to ensure that:
- The health and safety of students must be protected
- Partnerships must be appropriate for the school setting
- Partnerships must not compromise the student achievement strategy
- Entities providing competing education services are not eligible
What must be considered?
The District School Board of Niagara supports that partnerships between schools or school boards and other community partners should:
- Be mutually beneficial for the school/board and the other partners
- Be sustainable
- Respect the primacy of the school’s major purpose, to provide students with instruction and education
- Respect the core values of each partner and ensure the safety of students
Stages of Partnership Development:
How do I express interest in a Facility Partnership?
Complete the Facility Partnership Application form and submit it to the Community Outreach Coordinator
For more information or to address questions, contact:
Community Outreach Coordinator
905-641-2929 ext. 54159