Open the world to your family! A variety of international hosting opportunities come up each year for visiting international students to the DSBN. Host families provide a welcoming home and room and board for visiting international students aged 10-18 years.
Benefits to you:
- You and your children will learn about another culture
- You and your children will make lasting friendships with families from another country
- You will experience the joy of sharing your home and what Niagara has to offer visitors
- You will join a growing community of DSBN/Niagara families who enjoy being hosts
- You will receive compensation
Ideal families would:
- Have an interest in learning about a student from another culture
- Speak English as a rule in the home and support the international student in learning English
- Be able to provide room and board for the student
- Be willing and able to include the student in family activities/events
The DSBN does not provide homestay service. We encourage families to do their own research and make their own arrangements. Some families may select service providers to coordinate living arrangements.
The following list includes some local service providers who coordinate homestay service. Please contact them directly for more information about becoming a host family either on a long-term or short-term basis. The DSBN does not recommend any specific service provider, as the selection of a student service provider is the sole responsibility of the parents.