We can’t wait to welcome your child to Kindergarten
Here’s everything you need to know to get your child registered for their first day of Kindergarten.
What age should my child be to attend Kindergarten?
To register for Kindergarten for the 2018/19 school year your child must be four years of age by December 31, 2018. He/she will be eligible to attend Kindergarten in September 2018.
How long will it take to register my child?
The Registration Form is a four-page document that requests things like student information, medical conditions, parental information, and emergency contacts. Because of the need for accurate information, we recommend that you complete the form at home at your convenience. When you come to the school with your registration form completed, the registration process usually takes less than 15 minutes at the school.
Download the Registration Form
Besides the Registration Form, what do I need to bring with me to the school when I register my child?
The following documents are required to complete registration:
- A Birth Certificate, Birth Registration or Baptismal Certificate
- Immunization Certificate (For more information or to register with the Region of Niagara Public Health, click here)
- Proof of address such as a recent utility bill or driver's license
What if I don't have a Birth Certificate for my child?
If you have recently applied for a birth certificate but not yet received it, schools may accept the following as temporary proof of age until the actual birth certificate is received.
- Letter signed by the child's doctor, on the doctor's letterhead, confirming the date of birth.
- Confirmation of application for Statement of Live Birth from the hospital the child was born (e.g. receipt for payment). There is a cost for this, and a waiting period to receive it.
- Registered mail or courier receipt as confirmation that the Birth Certificate application has been submitted to the Office of the Registrar General (certificates are processed in 6 to 8 weeks provided the birth has been registered).